1. European Social Policy 1950-1969.
2. TEuropean Social Policy 1970-1999.
3. Labour Policy: Core Areas.
4. Labour Policy: Extensions.
5. Gender Policy: From Article 119 to "Mainstreaming".
6. The Structural Funds and the European Social Fund.
7. Expansion and Extensions I.
8. Expansion and Extensions II.
9. The Future of European Social Policy.
'Geyer considers European Union social policy broadly over the past half century, including issues of employment, gender, antipoverty, health and safety, youth and the elderly, and focuses on the late 1980s and early 1990s ... Geyer has provided a firm and useful base upon which future scholars can build. Carefully researched with an extensive bibliography.' Choice
* Gives a clear explanation of the development, scope and impact of EU social policy from inception to the present day.
*Assumes no prior knowledge and uses a wealth of examples and short case studies to enliven and illustrate the text.