This text is an unbound, binder-ready edition.
Exploring Management, 4th edition supports teaching and learning of core management concepts by presenting material in a straight-forward, conversational style with a strong emphasis on application. With a focus on currency, high-interest examples and pedagogy that encourages critical thinking and personal reflection, this text is the perfect balance between what students need and what instructors want.
Access to WileyPLUS sold separately.
Managers and Management
1 Managers and the Management Process: Everyone becomes a manager someday
2 Management Learning: Great things grow from strong foundations
3 Ethics and Social Responsibility: Character doesn’t stay home when we go to work
Planning and Controlling
4 Managers as Decision Makers: There is no substitute for a good decision
5 Plans and Planning Techniques: Get there faster with objectives
6 Controls and Control Systems: What gets measured happens
7 Strategy and Strategic Management: Insight and hard work deliver results
8 Organization Structure and Design: It’s all about working together
9 Organizational Cultures, Innovation, and Change: Adaptability and values set the tone
10 Human Resource Management: Nurturing turns potential into performance
11 Leadership: A leader lives in each of us
12 Individual Behavior: There’s beauty in individual differences
13 Motivation: Respect unlocks human potential
14 Teams and Teamwork: Two heads really can be better than one
15 Communication: Listening is the key to understanding
16 Diversity and Global Cultures: There are new faces in the neighborhood
17 Globalization and International Business: Going global isn’t just for travelers
18 Entrepreneurship and Small Business: Taking risks can make dreams come true
Skill-Building Portfolio SB-1
Cases for Critical Thinking C-1
- All chapters have been thoroughly updated and enriched with new features and examples from today’s current events.
- New Hot Topics Feature: presents timely issues framed for debate and discussion, and asks students to participate in a Final Faceoff or give their Final Take.
- Ethics Check: found throughout the text, these features now include “You Decide” questions that engage students and help develop their critical thinking skills.
- Chapter Cases: end of book chapter cases have been completely updated and revised.
- Integrated Study Guide: one-page checkpoint at end of each section provides a quick review and opportunity for self-assessment.
- Experiential Exercises: class activities offered throughout the text provide opportunities for discussion and debate.
- Applied Pedagogy: features like skill builders, active learning activities and team projects give students frequent opportunities to apply management concepts
- Student-Centered Design: Organized by study objectives and broken up into more manageable sections of material, the design of the text supports students read textbooks and master concepts.
- Skill-Building Portfolio: This section includes self-assessments, class exercises and team projects, which correspond to every chapter in the text (with teaching notes in the Instructor’s Manual).