About the Authors.
1. Digital Libraries: A Cultural Understanding.
Digital Libraries in the Matrix of Digital Culture.
Defining Digital Libraries.
Transforming the Academic Library.
Digital Library Culture.
2. New Dynamics for Scholarly Communication.
Many-to-Many Relationships in the Digital Library.
New Opportunities for Scholarly Communication.
Sharing in the Online Community.
Academic Culture Meets Digital Culture.
3. Digital Libraries in Teaching and Course Development.
The Digital Library and Teaching in Distance Education.
Challenges in Supporting Students at a Distance.
4. Beyond the Mechanics of Online Retrieval: Information Literacy.
What Is Information Literacy?
Library Literacy and Beyond.
The Necessity of Evaluation.
Integrating Information Literacy.
Development of Skills.
Integrating Information Literacy into the Curriculum.
5. Using the Digital Library in Higher Education.
Understanding Online Systems.
Using Digital Information in Higher Education.
6. Faculty-Librarian Collaboration in Online Teaching and Education.
Teaching and Instruction.
Marketing the Library and Its Services.
The Importance of Organizational Climate.
7. Collaborating on Information Literacy: Case Study 1.
The Digital Reference Centre.
INFS 200: Accessing Information.
8. Collaborating on the DRR and Reusing Learning Resources: Case Study 2.
The Digital Reading Room.
Beyond Course Reserves: Reusable Digital Resources.
9. Beyond Digital Library Culture Barriers.
Humans and Computers Interacting.
Easier-to-Use Digital Libraries.
Appendix: Web Resources.