Vol 592(24 Issues in 2018 ) Online ISSN: 1873-3468 Impact Factor: 2.999
FEBS Letters is one of the world's leading journals in molecular biology and is renowned both for its quality of content and speed of production. Bringing together the most important developments in the molecular biosciences, FEBS Letters provides an international forum for Minireviews, Research Letters and Hypotheses that merit urgent publication.
FEBS Letters offers:
- Fast turnaround. Papers that do not qualify for review are returned to the author within 2 days from submission. Average time to first decision is 2.3 weeks. Accepted papers appear online within 5 days. The print version of the article is published in 3 to 5 weeks after acceptance. Articles in Press are included in PubMed.
- Fair and competent peer review. All FEBS Letters articles are peer reviewed by highly qualified scientists. The journal’s Reviewer database includes over 30000 scientists from all over the world. Special attention is paid to conflicts of interest.
- Edited by specialists in the field. Manuscripts are directly handled by Academic Editors, who are highly ranked scientists that regularly publish in a related field.
- Transparency. Manuscripts can be easily tracked throughout the review process. Authors are welcome to openly discuss problems with the Editor. Editor names are published on the article front page. Author contributions are mentioned on the published article.
- Easy-to-use online submission system. The journal offers a user-friendly online submission system, which allows authors to submit their manuscript as a single file for the initial peer review process.
- Free access for all reviews. All FEBS Letters Reviews, Hypotheses and Special Issues are immediately made freely available, at no extra cost for the authors. In addition, a small selection of high quality Research Letters are also made freely accessible as a means to promote good research.
- Fast track option. FEBS Letters offers expedited handling of manuscripts that have been rejected from high-level journals with reviews. A final decision is reached within a week from submission.
- Open Access options. FEBS Letters is a hybrid open access journal and offers authors the option to sponsor non- subscriber access to their articles on Wiley Online Library.
- Longevity The cited half-life of FEBS Letters articles is >10 years.
- No page charges and free color figures.
- FEBS is not for profit. FEBS is one of the largest not-for-profit organizations in life sciences today. The income generated by FEBS Letters is reinvested in science to support fellowships, advanced courses and the annual FEBS Congress.