DescriptionAs a market-leading, free, open-source Linux operating system (OS), Fedora 10 is implemented in Red Hat Enterprise Linux and serves as an excellent OS for those who want more frequent updates. Bestselling author Christopher Negus offers an ideal companion resource for both new and advanced Linux users. He presents clear, thorough instructions so you can learn how to make Linux installation simple and painless, take advantage of the desktop interface, and use the Linux shell, file system, and text editor. He also describes key system administration skills, including setting up users, automating system tasks, backing up and restoring files, and understanding the latest security issues and threats. Included is both a DVD distribution of Fedora Linux 10 and a bootable Fedora LiveCD.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
1. An Overview of Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
2. Installing Fedora.
3. Getting Started with the Desktop.
4. Using Linux Commands.
II. Using Fedora and RHEL.
5. Accessing and Running Applications.
6. Publishing with Fedora and RHEL.
7. Gaming in Fedora and RHEL.
8. Music, Video, and Images in Linux.
9. Using the Internet and the Web.
III. Administering Fedora and RHEL.
10. Understanding System Administration.
11. Setting Up and Supporting Users.
12. Automating System Tasks.
13. Backing Up and Restoring Files.
14. Computer Security Issues.
IV. Fedora and RHEL Network and Server Setup.
15. Setting Up Network Connections and LANs.
16. Connecting to the Internet.
17. Setting Up Printers and Printing.
18. Setting Up a File Server.
19. Setting Up a Mail Server.
20. Setting Up an FTP Server.
21. Setting Up a Web Server.
22. Setting up an LDAP Address Book Server.
23. Setting Up a DHCP Boot Server.
24. Setting Up a MySQL Database Server.
25. Making Servers Public with DNS.
26. Integrating Fedora with Apple Macs.
Appendix A: About the Media.
Appendix B: Running Network Services.
Appendix C: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Features.
Fedora 10 and RHEL Bible Extra Content Package If the information offered in the 1000+ pages of the Fedora 10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Bible is not enough, we offer you the extra content package available from this site. Download and unzip the extra content from the link on this page. Then open the READ_ME_FIRST.htm file in any Web browser. The READ_ME_FIRST.htm file provides you with dozens of links to information about using, troubleshooting, and becoming more involved with Fedora. There is also a collection of doc files in the package that contain descriptions of Fedora and Red Hat Linux features that were covered in previous editions of the book.