DescriptionFollowing on from the successful format of the previous editions, Fertility and Obstetrics in the Horse 3e is a practical and user-friendly guide to equine reproduction. From explaining the anatomy of the mare’s reproductive tract to detailing problems encountered during pregnancy, it covers all the major areas of concern as well as including the latest developments in diagnostic procedures and treatment techniques.
- Fully updated to take into account new developments and research;
- An ideal rapid reference for veterinary practitioners and veterinary students, as well as a crucial source of information and advice for those in the breeding business;
- New material includes expanded sections on the stallion endometritis and embryo transfer technologies, alternative methods of fertilization and insemination techniques.
1. Anatomy of the Mare’s Reproductive Tract; 2. Endocrinology of the Oestrus Cycle and Puberty; 3. Clinical Examination of the Mare’s Reproductive Tract; 4. Cyclical Changes in the Mare’s Reproductive Tract; 5. Manipulation of Cyclical Activity; 6. The Optimum Time for Breeding and the Mating Procedure; 7. Normal Pregnancy; 8. Pregnancy Diagnosis; 9. Normal Parturition; 10. Post-partum Events; 11. Normal Expectations of Fertility; 12. Non-infectious Infertility in Mares; 13. Infectious Infertility; 14. Swabbing and Biopsy Techniques and Diagnosis of Endometritis; 15. Treatment and Prevention of Endometritis; 16. Viral Causes of Infertility; 17. Problems during Pregnancy; 18. Causes of Pregnancy Failure; 19. Other Abnormal Events during Pregnancy; 20. Reducing Infertility Caused by Multiple Conceptuses; 21. Retained Placenta; 22. Other Post-partum Problems; 23. Dystocia; 24. Manipulation of Reproduction; 25. The normal Stallion; 26. Examination of the Stallion for Breeding Soundness; 27. Diseases of the Reproductive Tract of the Stallion; 28. Reproductive Surgery of the Stallion; 29. Miscellaneous Conditions; 30. Breeding Finances
- This long overdue third edition has been fully updated to cover the latest developments in diagnostic procedures and treatment techniques
- New sections include IVF and sperm sexing
- The ideal reference guide for veterinary practitioners and veterinary students, and also provides crucial information for those in the breeding business