DescriptionFor years, fiber optics was the future. Now, it's the present, and the time has come to act if you want to make a career in this fast-growing field. The Fiber Optics Installer and Technician Guide is a comprehensive resource designed to prepare you for the two leading fiber optics certifications, Fiber Optics Installer (FOI) and Fiber Optics Technician (FOT). This book's practical, objective-focused coverage includes:
- The history of fiber optics
- Principles of fiber optic transmission
- Optical fiber characteristics, construction, and theory
- Safety considerations
- Cables, connectors, and splicing
- Fiber optic light sources and transmitters
- Fiber optic detectors and receivers
- Passive components and multiplexers
- Fiber optic links
- Testing equipment
- Techniques for testing links and cables
- Troubleshooting and restoration techniques
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Chapter 1: History of Fiber Optics.
Chapter 2: Principles of Fiber Optic Transmission.
Chapter 3: Basic Principles of Light.
Chapter 4: Optical Fiber Construction and Theory.
Chapter 5: Optical Fiber Characteristics.
Chapter 6: Safety.
Chapter 7: Fiber Optic Cables.
Chapter 8: Splicing.
Chapter 9: Connectors.
Chapter 10: Fiber Optic Light Sources.
Chapter 11: Fiber Optic Detectors and Receivers.
Chapter 12: Passive Components and Multiplexers.
Chapter 13: Cable Installation and Hardware.
Chapter 14: Fiber Optic System Design Considerations.
Chapter 15: Test Equipment and Link/Cable Testing.
Chapter 16: Link/Cable Troubleshooting.