More students get accounting when using Weygandt, Kimmel, Kieso, Financial Accounting, 10th Edition because of the unique Framework of Success created and refined by the authors based on years of teaching and course design experience. In WileyPLUS and in print, clear and relevant exposition, engaging visuals and videos, and valuable end-of-chapter material work together to build students’ confidence and mastery of accounting concepts and skills. The new 10th edition of Financial Accounting by Weygandt, Kimmel, and Kieso continues to provide students with a clear and comprehensive introduction to financial accounting and has been thoroughly updated with extensive digital resources to further enhance student learning and success.
1: Accounting in Action
2: The Recording Process
3: Adjusting the Accounts
4: Completing the Accounting Cycle
5: Accounting for Merchandising Operations
7: Fraud, Internal Control, and Cash
8: Accounting for Receivables
9: Plant Assets, Natural Resources, and Intangible Assets
11: Corporations: Organization, Stock Transactions
12: Statement of Cash Flows
13: Financial Statement Analysis
Appendix A: Specimen Financial Statements: Apple Inc.
Appendix B: Specimen Financial Statements: PepsiCo, Inc.
Appendix C: Specimen Financial Statements: The Coca-Cola Company
Appendix D: Specimen Financial Statements: Amazon.com, Inc.
Appendix E: Specimen Financial Statements: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Appendix F: Specimen Financial Statements: Louis Vuitton
Appendix G: Time Value of Money
Appendix H: Reporting and Analyzing Investments
Appendix I: Payroll Accounting*
Appendix J: Subsidiary Ledgers and Special Journals*
Appendix K: Other Significant Liabilities*
*Available in WileyPLUS
- ORION adaptive practice that helps students build their proficiency on topics and use their study time most effectively.
• NEW Use of more real-world financial statements in end-of-chapter material. New Financial Reporting Problems and Comparative Analysis Problems based on financial statements for Apple, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, Amazon.com, and Wal-Mart.
• NEW Review and Practice section Including a review of learning objectives and glossary terms, multiple-choice practices questions, exercises, and problems with detailed solutions.
• Streamlined IFRS Insights section within each chapter to allow students to focus on the most important similarities and differences between GAAP and IFRS.
• NEW Easy Assessment Algorithmic, multiple-choice test bank questions make student assessment simple to create and assign. All questions are tagged to Bloom’s Taxonomy, AACSB, AICPA, and IMA standards, allowing instructors and departments to quickly demonstrate outcomes, analyze student performance data, and make immediate improvements.
• NEW Completely re-imagined infographics that help students visually understand concepts while increasing appeal and engagement.
• NEW Practice Made Simple New algorithmic brief exercises, Do Its, exercises, and problems available outside of instructor assignments provide opportunities for no-stakes practice and show answers and solutions as students check their work.
• NEW Organized Learning New and streamlined learning design of both the text and WileyPLUS helps students find relevant videos, reading content, and resourced-based associated learning objectives, so they can make the best use of time outside of class.
• NEW Accounting Cycle Connections Thoroughly revised accounting cycle chapters and topics, now help students make connections between the different steps of the accounting cycle, and add emphasis, explanations, illustrations, and homework problems on the accounting cycle.