DescriptionCreated especially for Australian customer!
This book puts more fish on your line!
Want to dangle a line anywhere in Australia or New Zealand? On the way to becoming a successful angler, discover how to choose your tackle confidently, master rigs and knots, read your fishing environment, cast efficiently and take home more fish for the table — all while
- fishing with safety and sustainability in mind.
- Find expert guidance — absorb Steve Starling's insider knowledge of fishing to develop your angling skills
- Build your fishing kit — discover how to choose the right tackle for the right fish, competently and without waste
- Increase your fishing knowledge — take advantage of myriad tips about constructing effective rigs
- Hone your craft — match your bait to the fish, cast with ease and reel 'em in
- Take on sustainability — immerse yourself in the new age of fishing; catch only what you need
- Prepare your catch — improve your skills in all areas of fish preparation, from gutting to filleting with ease
- Cook like a pro — practise the art of simplicity in the kitchen to retain and release those wondrous fish flavours
- Investigate ten top fishing spots — take a trip to Steve Starling's top fishing spots in Australia and New Zealand
Open the book and find:
- How to target Aussie/Kiwi saltwater and freshwater fish
- Techniques to rig your gear likea pro
- Pointers on selecting the best baits, lures and flies
- Ways to tie reliable knots — in all weathers and in the dark
- Tips on casting all types of fishing tackle
- The right way to release your fish
- Ideas on how to contribute to fishing sustainability
- A guide to your own style of angling: Jetty rat, estuary or ...
Part I: Getting to Know Fish.
Chapter 1: Fishing Fundamentals.
Chapter 2: Our Favourite Saltwater Fish.
Chapter 3: Our Favourite Freshwater Fish.
Part II: Tackling the Right Gear.
Chapter 4: On a Hook and a Line.
Chapter 5: Hot Rods.
Chapter 6: The Reel Deal.
Chapter 7: Terminal Tackle.
Chapter 8: Baits, Lures and Flies.
Part III: Using Your Equipment the Right Way.
Chapter 9: Creating Your Fishing Kit.
Chapter 10: Spooling Up.
Chapter 11: Top Knots to Know.
Chapter 12: Rigs That Really Work.
Chapter 13: Cast Away.
Chapter 14: Hooking, Playing and Landing Fish.
Part IV: The New Age of Fishing.
Chapter 15: Kiss or Kill?
Chapter 16: Cleaning, Preparing and Cooking Your Catch.
Chapter 17: Fishing for the Future.
Part V: What Kind of Angler Are You?
Chapter 18: Specialise or Speculate?
Chapter 19: Surf Casters and Rock Hoppers.
Chapter 20: Jetty Rats.
Chapter 21: Estuary Anglers.
Chapter 22: Deep-Sea Anglers.
Chapter 23: Freshwater Fanatics.
Chapter 24: Fly Floggers.
Chapter 25: Ahoy, Captain!
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 26: The Ten Best Fishing Websites.
Chapter 27: My Ten Favourite Australian Fishing Spots.
Chapter 28: My Ten Favourite New Zealand Fishing Spots.
Chapter 29: Ten Things No-One Ever Tells You about Fishing.