Fit to Ride
Fit to Ride
Mar 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
Product not available for purchase
DescriptionMary Bromiley explains the science of fitness and how the latest scientific knowledge can be applied to achieve various levels of conditioning, both of horse and rider. Training is as important for the rider as the horse in order to create a winning combination. The author, who is an expert on both human and equine athletic performance, with many winners - horses and jockeys - to her credit, carefully shows how the performance of each can best complement the other and how correctly chosen tack can provide a competitive edge.
1 Historical Perspective.
2. Interlinkage of the Body Systems.
3. Preparation Explained.
5. The Memory of Cells.
6. Understanding Exercise.
7. Considerations for Rider Preparation.
8. Considerations for Equine Preparation.
9. Progressive Muscle Loading I: The Addition of Resistance.
10. Progressive Muscle Loading II: The Addition of Skills.
Appendix I. Programme Design.
Appendix II. Man versus Horse.
Appendix III. Health Maintenance in the New Age Horse.
Epilogue. The Fundamentals of Putting Sports Science to Work.
* The success of the author's previous work, Equine Injury, Therapy and Rehabilitation and Natural Methods for Equine Health (also published by Blackwell Science)
* Linking science and practice, Mary Bromiley's techniques will enhance the performance of all horses and riders, and will convert many into winners
* The book will not only help riders at top stables but enable one-horse owners to achieve a performance of which they can be proud