- List of Abbreviations
- List of Figures and Tables
- 1 Unpacking the World Food Economy
- 2 The Rise of a Global Industrial Food Market
- 3 Agricultural Trade Rules Liberalization
- 4 Transnational Corporations
- 5 Financialization of Food
- 6 Can the World Food Economy Be Transformed?
- Notes and references
- Selected Readings
'Jennifer Clapp brilliantly demystifies the global food economy so the rest of us can realize our power to transform it. A giant in the field, Clapp offers a new edition of her classic that is truly breathtaking in its scope and insight. Clapp has done it again! Bravo.'
Frances Moore Lappé, author of Diet for a Small Planet and coauthor of World Hunger: 10 Myths
'The global food economy may seem remote from daily experience, but Jennifer Clapp explains how it affects every aspect of what we eat and, therefore, our health and welfare. Best of all, she provides the information and tools advocates can use to redesign the global food economy to promote fair trade, food justice, and food sovereignty.'
Marion Nestle, Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health at New York University, and author of Soda Politics.