Part I: Introductory Chapters.
1. Introduction to Food Regulation in the United States.
2. What Is a Food?
Part II: Regulation of Labeling and Claims.
3. Food Labeling.
4. Nutritional Labeling, Nutrient Level Claims, and Health Claims.
5. Economic and Aesthetic Adulteration.
Part III: Food Safety Regulation.
6. Food Safety Regulation.
7. Food Additives, Food Colorings, Irradiation.
Part IV: Specialized Food Regulation.
8. Dietary Supplements.
9. Biotechnology and Genetically Engineered Organisms.
10. Food Terrorism.
11. Importation and Exportation.
Part V: Inspection and Enforcement.
12. Federal Enforcement.
14. State Laws and Their Relationship to Federal Laws.
15. Private Actions.
Part VI: General Chapters.
16. International Food Law.
Table of Abbreviations.
Table of Cases.
About the Author.