DescriptionThis book offers a systematic attempt to explore the point of convergance between feminist theory and the work of Michel Foucault.
1. Power, Body and Experience.
2. From the Body to the Self.
3. Ethics of the Self.
4. The Problem of Justification.
5. Self and Others.
'Lois McNay has produced an attractively clear and critical account of how feminists might use Foucault's last works.' Sociology
'It offers a clearly written and thorough, critical survey of Foucault's last publications. This, in turn, is balanced by a wide-ranging and equally critically review of recent developments within contemporary feminist ethical theory. It is well worth the read!!' Women's Philosophy Review
'This is an excellent book, lucid, carefully argued, sympathetically critical and a great pleasure to read.' Jeffrey Weeks, South Bank University
* Addressing some of the most important issues in feminist theory and contemporary social thought it will quickly become the established text in the area.
* Extremely clear and well argued the book is certain to be very well received.