List of Figures.
List of Tables.
2. Scaling, Fractals, and Chaos.
3. Point Processes: Definition and Measures.
4. Point Processes: Examples.
5. Fractal and Fractal-Rate Point Processes.
6. Processes Based on Fractional Brownian Motion.
7. Fractal Renewal Processes.
8. Processes Based on the Alternating Fractal Renewal Process.
9. Fractal Shot Noise.
10. Fractal-Shot-Noise-Driven Point Processes.
12. Analysis and Estimation.
13. Computer Network Traffic.
Appendix A: Derivations.
Appendix B: Problem Solutions.
Appendix C: List of Symbols.
"The style of text is practical and informal with a distinct engineering approach." (Zentralblatt Math)
"It is apparent that the authors are truly at home in their field…will certainly prove valuable to scientists working in many distinct fields." (Journal of the American Statistical Association, March 2007)
"...an excellent exposition of a cutting-edge topic, and will be extremely valuable as a textbook and for scientists in diverse fields, including astronomy." (Technometrics, February 2007)
"…a very well-written monograph on its subject…" (Computing Reviews.com, August 10, 2006)
"….a valuable resource and a quarry of many concrete results from real life." (Mathematical Reviews, 2006f)