DescriptionWritten by Anthony Kenny, a leading figure in contemporary philosophy, this volume guides the reader through a concise and accessible explanation and assessment of Frege's radical and lasting contributions to our understanding of language, meaning, and the foundations of arithmetic.
Abbreviations in References to Works of Frege.
1. Biographical Introduction to Frege's Philosophy.
2. Concept Script, I.
3. Concept Script, II
4. The Foundations of Arithmetic, I.
5. The Foundations of Arithmetic, II.
6. Function, Concept and Object.
7. Sense and Reference.
8. Grundgesetze der Arithmetik, I.
9. Grundgesetze der Arithmetik, II.
10. Logical Investigations, I.
11. Logical Investigations,II.
12. Frege's Acheivement.
I. Frege's Symbolic Notation.
II. A Note on Translation.
* Illuminates a comprehensive selection of Frege's often technical and challenging work.
* Includes an engaging biographical introduction, and a tribute to Frege's lasting achievements.
Written by a well-respected philosopher.