1 History and Global Status of Freshwater Prawn Farming.
2 Nomenclature and Taxonomy.
4 Broodstock Management.
5 Flow-through Hatchery Systems and Management.
6 Recirculation Hatchery Systems and Management.
7 Larval Prawn Feeds and the Dietary Importance of Artemia.
8. Nursery Systems and Management.
9. Grow-out System- Site Selection and Pond Construction.
10 Grow-out Systems- Monoculture.
11. Grow-out Systems- Culture in Temperate Zones.
12. Grow-out Systems- Polyculture and Integrated Culture.
13. Nutrition, Feeds and Feeding.
14 Grow-out Systems- Water Quality and Soil Management.
15. Health Management.
16. Biology and Management of Size Variation.
17. Commercial Freshwater Prawn Farming Around the World.
18. Post-harvest Handling and Processing.
19. Marketing and Preparation for Consumption.
20. Economics & Business Management.
21 Culture of Other Prawn Species.
22. Prawn Capture Fisheries and Enhancement.
23. Sustainability of Freshwater Prawn Culture.
"...this collecting of information from a variety of sources is invaluable. The result is that the editors have been successful in putting together a comprehensive volume relating to topics relevant to the culture of freshwater prawn"
"The book surely provides the reader with almost everything they need to know about this vital subject."
Fishing Boat World
"The book is exceptionally well designed and organized, making for very easy reading. This is no doubt the best up-to-date book I have seen on the subject of prawn farming."
* prawn culture is an expanding multibillion dollar business
* increasing competition and environmental problems demand the most up-to-date scientific know-how
* edited by world authorities, with contributions from distinguished experts