Basic Molecular Biology.
How to Clone a Gene.
Purification and Separation of Nucleic Acids.
Cutting and Joining DNA.
Genomic and cDNA Libraries.
Finding the Right Clone.
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR).
Analysis of Sequence Data.
Analysis of Genetic Variation.
Analysis of Gene Expression.
Analysis of Gene Function.
Manipulating Gene Expression.
Medical Applications, Present and Future.
"...an enjoyable read, and is likely to remain useful for some time as a reference book...recommended..." (Clinical Chemistry, Vol. 49, No. 12)
"...a well-written and fairly comprehensive guide...a useful addition..." (Choice, Vol. 40, No. 7, March 2003)
"...a very useful introductory text...this is a text that is easy to recommend and hard not to hand to the first student that comes through your office door." (Pharmaceutical Research, Vol. 20, No. 6, June 2003)
"...when compared to some of the more overbearing, super-dense books that typically litter the lab...it is a welcome change..." (BSDB Newsletter, Winter 2003)
"...clearly written and well-structured throughout...attractively sized...unlikely to be left gathering dust on the shelf..." (Human Genomics, Vol 1(3), Mar 2004)
- A concise, up to date textbook that provides a balanced coverage of traditional and contemporary topics taught within intermediate courses in molecular genetics
- Jeremy Dale has a proven track record as the successful author of Molecular Genetics of Bacteria; an accessible, student friendly text that covers more introductory topics in molecular genetics.
- Genes and Genomics will include a series of feature box-outs that will examine some of the topical issues related to the scientific concepts and examples explored within the text.
- A range of questions and exercises including worked examples and web-based practicals
- An accompanying web site will allow the authors to keep their audience up to date in the areas that are prone to date most rapidly between successive editions of the textbook. It will also include the illustrations and images from the textbook, in addition to worked examples, answers to questions within the book, and links to related websites of key interest.