Fuel Injection Systems addresses key issues in fuel delivery and associated technologies which are evolving faster than ever. The rapid technological change has reduced product life cycles resulting in rapid evolution of design and development methods to enable timely delivery of increasingly complex technology. This is vital as the demands on engines are increasingly stringent, especially in the field of emissions, new fuel injection systems are being developed to meet these challenges, not only in passenger cars but also for heavy duty as well as large engine applications.
This volume brings together international contributions from the leading experts in industry and the latest research from academia to provide a comprehensive update to all those working in design, development, and manufacturing of fuel injection systems.
- Emission reduction with advanced two-actuator EUI for heavy-duty diesel engines
- Investigation of a two valve electronically controlled unit injector on a Euro IV heavy duty diesel engine using design of experiment methods
- Characterization of in-cylinder fuel distribution from an air-assisted fuel injection system using advanced laser diagnostics
- High contact stress applications of a silicon nitride in modern diesel engines
- The use of the HLMI (hydraulic leak measurement unit)
- Komatsu STA 6DI40 water emulsified fuel engine
- Timely control of diesel combustion using water injection