1. Biological Molecules.
2. An Introduction to Drugs and their Action.
3. An Introduction to Drug Discovery.
4. The SAR and QSAR Approaches to Drug Design.
5. Computer Aided Drug Design.
6. Combinatorial Chemistry.
7. Selected Examples of Drug Action at some Common Target Areas.
9. Drug Metabolism.
10. An Introduction to Lead and Analogue Syntheses.
11. Drug Development and Production.
Appendix 1. Sickle-cell Anaemia.
Appendix 2. Bacteria.
Appendix 3. Cell Membranes.
Appendix 4. Receptors.
Appendix 5. Transfer through Membranes.
Appendix 6. Regression Analysis.
Appendix 7. Enzymes.
Answers to Questions.
Selected Further Reading.
- A concise text which presesents the fundamentals of the subject
- Assumes little prior knowledge of the subject
- Includes numerous examples, applications and problems
- Each chapter contains an additional summary section and solutions to the questions are provided at the end of the text