Preface to the Second Edition.
2. Classical Sets and Fuzzy Sets.
3. Classical Relations and Fuzzy Relations.
4. Properties of Membership Functions, Fuzzification, and Defuzzification.
5. Logic and Fuzzy Systems.
6. Development of Membership Functions.
7. Automated Methods for Fuzzy Systems.
8. Fuzzy Systems Simulation.
9. Rule-base Reduction Methods.
10. Decision Making with Fuzzy Information.
11. Fuzzy Classification and Pattern Recognition.
12. Fuzzy Arithmetic and the Extension Principle.
13. Fuzzy Control Systems.
14. Miscellaneous Topics.
15. Monotone Measures: Belief, Plausibility, Probability, and Possibility.
Appendix A: Axiomatic Differences between Fuzzy Set Theory and Probability Theory.
Appendix B: Answers to Selected Problems.
Index of Examples and Problems by Discipline.
- Provides numerous worked examples and practical applications
- Offers end of chapter exercises and solutions
- Accompanying online solutions manual and software