DescriptionUpdated and expanded, the classic guide to GC/MS helps chromatographers quickly learn to use this technique for analyzing and identifying compounds. After explaining the fundamentals, it discusses optimizing, tuning, using, and maintaining GC/MS equipment; explores advances in miniaturized and field-portable GC/MS systems and microfluidic components; and more. Complete with a CD-ROM, it covers applications in the environmental laboratory and in forensics, toxicology, and space science. This is the premier resource for professionals in those fields and for students.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: GC / MS: A Practical User's Guide, 2nd Edition
HPLC: A Practical User's Guide, 2nd Edition (Hardcover $109.95)
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
Chapter 2: Sample Preparation and Introduction.
Chapter 3: The Gas Chromatograph.
Chapter 4: The Mass Spectrometer.
Chapter 5: Getting Started In GS/MS.
Chapter 6: Chromatographic Methods Development.
Chapter 7: Mass Spectrometer Setup and Operation.
Chapter 8: Data Processing and Network Interfacing.
Chapter 9: System Maintenance and Troubleshooting.
Chapter 10: GC/MS in the Environmental Laboratory
Chapter 11: GC/MS in Forensics, Toxicology, and Space Science.
Chapter 12: An Introduction to Structural Interpretation.
Chapter 13: Ion Trap GC/MS Systems.
Chapter 14: Other GC/MS Systems.
Chapter 15: An Introduction to LC/MS.
Chapter 16: Innovation in GC/MS.
- Updated with information on new advances in gas chromatography and mass spectrometry
- Includes an annotated CD-ROM
- Discusses the practical aspects of optimizing, tuning, using, and maintaining GC/MS equipment
- Explores recent advances in miniaturized and field-portable GC/MS systems and microfluidic components
- Covers applications in the environmental laboratory and in forensics, toxicology, and space science
- Features information on using spectral databases for identifying compounds
- Includes a CD-ROM with a PowerPoint® slide set, FAQs, tables, and a glossary