1. Stumbling on Galectins (Samuel H. Barondes).
2. Galectins and their Functions in Plain Language (Anatole A. Klyosov).
3. Understanding Galectin Structure-Function Relationships to Design Effective Antagonists (Irina V. Nesmelova, Ruud P.M. Dings and Kevin H. Mayo).
4. Galectins as Regulators of Tumor Growth and Invasion by Targeting Distinct Cell Surface Glycans and Implications for Drug Design (Hans-J. Gabius and Albert M. Wu).
5. Nuclear and Cytoplasmic Localization of Galectin-1 and Galectin-3 and their Roles in pre-mRNA Splicing (John L. Wang, Kevin C. Haudek, Patricia G. Voss and Ronald J. Patterson).
6. Galectins in Regulation of Inflammation and Immunity (Fu-Tong Liu, Daniel K. Hsu, Ri-Yao Yang, Huan-Yuan Chen and Jun Saegusa).
7. Galectins as Danger Signals in Host-Pathogen and Host-Tumor Interactions: New Members of the Growing Group of "Alarmins" (Sachiko Sato and Gabriel Rabinovich).
8. The Role of Galectins in Organ Fibrosis (Neil C. Henderson and Tariq Sethi).
9. Galectin-1, Cancer Cell Migration, Angiogenesis and Chemoresistance (Florence Lefranc, Marie Le Mercier, Véronique Mathieu and Robert Kiss).
10. Galectin-3 in the Progression and Metastasis of Colorectal Neoplasia (James C. Byrd and Robert S. Bresalier).
11. Galectins in Malignant Gliomas: Expression, Functions and Possible Therapeutic Options (Herwig M. Strik and Anna Hoffman).
12. Food-Related Carbohydrate Ligands for Galectins (Valeri V. Mossine, Vladislav V. Glinsky and Thomas P. Mawhinney).
"A comprehensive guide to the current understanding of galectins, their promising potential in drug design." (Forbes, June 2008)