1. An Introduction to Revenge in the Workplace.
2. Peering into the Soul of Discontent: The Phenomenon of Revenge.
3. Three Triggers of Revenge: Why People Try to Get Even.
4. You Started It! The Mind Game Inside the Blame Game.
5. "I'm as Mad as Hell and I’m not Going to Take It Anymore!": Understanding the Motivating Power of Righteous Anger.
6. You Started It—But I’ll Finish It! How People Get Even.
7. Preventing Revenge Before It Happens: Practical Advice for Managers—And Would-Be Avengers.
8. Moving Beyond Revenge: Don’t Get Mad, Don’t Get Even—Get Ahead.
About the Authors.
—Globe and Mail, April 22, 2009
"Don't buy this book if you think it's a good source of really devilish and totally untraceable ways to get the revenge you so totally deserve…the authors seem intent in decreasing the amount of revenge that gets expressed in our daily work lives. Managers, too, will learn how to nip workplace revenge in the bud…"
—Work Daze, February 19, 2009
"The authors find that, for many, workplace revenge is about justice and restoring the balance of what they think is fair and right. The duo offers managers advice on how they can prevent their employees from seeking revenge. Grounded in 15 years of research, including more than 500 interviews with managers and workers about on-the-job revenge and retaliation, Bies and Tripp use lively anecdotes to illustrate the ways in which employees get even."
—Georgetown University’s Blue and Gray, February 23, 2009