The updated 7th Edition of Global Marketing Management prepares students to become effective managers overseeing global marketing activities in an increasingly competitive environment. The text’s guiding principle, as laid out concisely and methodically by authors Kotabe and Helsen, is that the realities of international marketing are more “multilateral.”
Suitable for all business majors, the text encourages students to learn how marketing managers work across business functions for effective corporate performance on a global basis and achievement of overall corporate goals. Global Marketing Management brings timely coverage in various economic and financial as well as marketing issues that arise from the acutely recessionary market environment.
Chapter 1 - Globalization Imperative
Chapter 2 - Economic Environment
Chapter 3 - Financial Environment
Chapter 4 - Global Cultural Environment and Buying Behavior
Chapter 5 - Political and Legal Environment
Chapter 6 - Global Marketing Research
Chapter 7 - Global Segmentation and Positioning
Chapter 8 - Global Marketing Strategies
Chapter 9 - Global Market Entry Strategies
Chapter 10 - Global Product Policy Decisions
Chapter 11 - Global Product Policy Decisions
Chapter 12 - Global Pricing
Chapter 13 - Global Communication Strategies
Chapter 14 - Sales Management
Chapter 15 - Global Logistics and Distribution
Chapter 16 - Export and Import Management
Chapter 17 - Planning, Organization, and Control of Global Marketing Operations
Chapter 18 - Marketing Strategies for Emerging Markets
Chapter 19 - Global Marketing and the Internet
Chapter 20 - Sustainable Marketing in the Global Marketplace
- New chapter (Ch. 20) on Sustainable Marketing in the Global Marketplace discusses the rise of emerging economies and the added pressure on the worldwide supply of limited resources ranging from food supplies to raw materials, and from water to energy sources.
- Increased coverage of the complexities of global competition in the first decade of the 21st Century and the rapid pace and at which the changes in the economic and political environments in various parts of the world affect the global economy.
- Increased coverage on the rapid rise of leading emerging economies in the last 10-15 years and how it has added complexities to the nature of global competition.
- Updated examples, statistics, and Global Perspectives, end-of-chapter short cases and long cases.
- Over 40 case studies, both long and short, cover a range of global businesses to support the development of global strategic thinking.
- Stimulating, real-life Discussion and Review Questions listed at the end of each chapter.
- Authors’ pedagogical orientation embraces useful, well known marketing methods but also sets itself apart through its focus on the following areas: Global Orientation, Cultural Sensitivity, Research Orientation, Interdisciplinary Perspective, Proactive Orientation, Practical Orientation, and Internet Implications.
- “Global Perspectives” Inserts serve as “Mini-Cases” for class discussion, or as controversial issues that students should be aware of.