2. The clinical presentation and diagnosis of celiac disease.
3. Classification of proteins in cereal grains: what is toxic and how is it measured in foods?.
4. The nutritional quality of gluten-free foods.
5. Gluten-free dough: rheological properties, testing procedures - methods and potential processing problems.
6. Enzymatic manipulation of gluten-free breads.
7. Commercial aspects of gluten-free products.
8. Dough microstructure and textural aspects of gluten-free yeast bread and biscuits.
9. Manufacture of gluten-free speciality breads and confectionery products.
10. Production of gluten-free beer.
11. Functionality of starches and hydrocolloids in gluten-free foods.
12. Coeliac disease and gluten-free research: What does the future hold for the physician, the patient and the scientist?
Recommendations are given for the most suitable ingredients for different gluten-free products such as doughs, breads, biscuits and beer
The nutritional values of gluten-free products are addressed
Includes useful scene-setting chapters on the incidence and diagnosis of coeliac disease as well as a review of gluten-free products in the marketplace.