Part I: The Body of Christ as Jesus.
Part II: The Body of Christ as the Church.
Part III: The Body of Christ as the Eucharist.
“Wells moves seamlessly from exposition of scripture to stories of ordinary lives”
"I found the book to be a rich feast of sharp insights, pastoral wisdom and refreshing exposition. I am glad to find that one of Gods companions and hence ours is Sam Wells." (Crucible)
"Wells himself presents a compelling account of how Christian ethics is shapes by the practises of the church."
(Theological Book Review)
- This revolutionary book presents a new approach to Christian ethics.
- Grounded in the author’s extensive experience of parish ministry in poorer neighbourhoods.
- Makes a bold claim for the centrality of the local church in theological reflection.
- Synthesises dogmatic, liturgical, ethical, practical, scriptural, and pastoral approaches to theology.
- Engages with serious scholarly material but also lays out the issues clearly for a student audience.