DescriptionSave time and money with Google's revolutionary new phone system
Google Voice combines existing phone lines, e-mail, and Web access into one central communication channel. Tech industry watchers expect it to give Skype some serious competition, yet little information is available on this new Google service.
Google Voice For Dummies is the first and only book on Google's breakthrough new offering and provides essential information for individuals and businesses who want to take advantage of this exciting new technology.
- Google Voice is expected to have a major impact on telephony and to offer major cost savings for individuals and businesses
- This guide focuses on an in-depth understanding of setting up and using Google Voice and how to integrate it with other Google services, including Gmail, Google Chat, and Google Talk
- Discusses managing Google Voice within organizations and examines key concerns for business, schools, government, and other kinds of organizations
- Explains how Google Voice connects with the many phone options currently available and how to move toward an optimized and inexpensive, yet flexible and powerful phone environment
- The book is supported by news and updates on www.gvDaily.com, the leading Google Voice question and answer site created by authors Bud E. Smith and Chris Dannen
Google Voice For Dummies supplies much-needed information on this free and exciting technology that the New York Times has called revolutionary.
Part I: Setting Up Google Voice.
Chapter 1: A Day in Your Google Voice Life.
Chapter 2: Getting Ready for Google Voice.
Chapter 3: Setting Up Google Voice.
Chapter 4: Upgrading to Google Voice from GrandCentral.
Part II: Maximizing Your Voice.
Chapter 5: Managing People in Google Voice.
Chapter 6: Changing Settings in Google Voice.
Chapter 7: Saving Time and Money.
Chapter 8: Managing Phones with Google Voice.
Chapter 9: Using the Inbox and Handling Calls.
Part III: Maximizing Your Handset.
Chapter 10: Using the Google Voice Mobile Web Site.
Chapter 11: Using Google Voice with the iPhone.
Chapter 12: Using Google Voice on Android Phones.
Chapter 13: Using Google Voice on BlackBerry Phones.
Part IV: Playing Well with Others.
Chapter 14: Using Google Voice with Gmail.
Chapter 15: Chatting, Talking, and Using Your Gizmo.
Chapter 16: Using Google Voice for Business.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 17: Ten Points of Netiquette for Google Voice.
Chapter 18: Ten Online Resources for Google Voice.
Chapter 19: Ten Key Google Voice Features for Business.