Goss's Roofing Ready Reckoner: Metric Cutting and Sizing Tables for Timber Roof Members, 4th Edition
2. Roofing terminology.
3. Calculating the size of timber members.
4. Calculating the length and cutting angles of timber members,.
Data tables 5 degrees – 74 degrees.
5. Wall plates – strapping and gable strapping.
6. Wind bracing and openings for Dormers and roof windows.
7. Roofing metalwork and fixings.
8. Roof coverings – felt, battens and tiles,.
a) Underlay and battens,.
b) Insulation and ventilation,.
c) Choosing the covering.
9. Roof covering – building detail drawings,.
2) Concrete interlocking tiles,.
3) Plain tiles.
4) Felt shingles,.
5) Metal tiles.
10. Tools & Equipment.
11. Health and safety issues – Considerations.
● New information on timber member design, warm and cold roofs, and drawings on tiling, slating and roof coverings
● Invaluable for those involved in extensions, alterations, attic conversions and restoration
● Revised and expanded by the author of Roof Construction and Loft Conversion
● A true pocket guide to roof construction