Greco-Arab and Islamic Herbal Medicine: Traditional System, Ethics, Safety, Efficacy, and Regulatory Issues
1. An Overview of Greco-Arab and Islamic Herbal Medicine.
2. History of Greco-Arab and Islamic Medicine.
3. Herbal Medicine.
4. The Arab-Islamic Roots of Western Medicine.
5. Contributions of Arab and Islamic Scholars to Modern Pharmacology.
6. Natural Drugs in Greco-Arabic and Islamic Medicine.
7. Method of Therapy in Greco-Arab and Islamic Medicine.
8. Commonly Used Herbal Medicines in the Mediterranean.
9. The Current State of Knowledge of Arab Herbal Medicine.
10. Greco-Arab and Islamic Medicine Practiced Outside the Middle East.
11. Biosafety of Herbal Medicine.
12. Arab Medicinal Plants: From Traditional Uses to Scientific Knowledge.
13. Modern In Vitro Test Systems.
14. Modern In Vivo Evaluations and Clinical Trials.
15. Medical Ethics in Arab and Islamic Medicine.
16. Medicinal Herbs and Extracting Their Active Ingredients.
17. Food Therapy.
18. Drug Development from Herbal Sources.
19. Herbal Remedies: Use and Demographic and Regulatory Issues.
Appendix A: Plant Naming.
“The formula adopted in Greco-Arab and Islamic Herbal Medicine makes it appealing to a broad spectrum of readers on both regional and global levels.” (HerbalGram, 1 February 2013)