2. Turning Information Needs into Questions.
3. Sources of Information.
4. Searching for Evidence.
5. Research Studies.
6. Appraising the Evidence.
8. Clinical Diagnostic Decision Support (CDDSSs).
9. Decision Analysis, Models and Economics as Evidence.
10. EBVM: Education and Future Needs.
Answers to Review Questions.
"I would suspect that most US veterinary school libraries would purchase a copy as well as the obvious UK market."
Mike Thrusfield, Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Medicine, Edinburgh.
"An overview of this topic is timely, especially as it is forming part of the undergraduate curriculum."
John Innes, Orthopaedic Specialist, University of Bristol.
"An interesting and understandable presentation introducing the relatively novel concept of EBVM."
Lab Animal News (US)
· Transform information needs into a series of clinical questions that can be answered
· Search for best available external evidence
· Critically appraise the evidence for its validity and importance
· Apply the results in clinical practice
· Understand the process of diagnosis and use of clinical diagnostic decision support systems
· Perform a decision analysis