1. Banishing Ignorance: Underpinning Fisheries with Basic Biology (P. J. B. Hart and J. D. Reynolds).
2. Phylogeny and Systematics of Fishes (A. C. Gill and R.D. Mooi).
3. Historical Biogeography of Fishes (R. D. Mooi and A. C. Gill).
4. The Physiology of Living in Water (O. Brix).
5. Environmental Factors and Rates of Development and Growth (M. Jobling).
6. Recruitment: Understanding Density-dependence in Fish Populations (R. A. Myers).
7. Life Histories of Fish (J. A. Hutchings).
8. Migration (J. Metcalfe, G. Arnold and R. McDowall).
9. Genetics of Fish Populations (R. D. Ward).
10. Behavioural Ecology of Reproduction in Fish (E. Forsgren, J. D. Reynolds and A. Berglund).
11. Fish Foraging and Habitat Choice: A Theoretical Perspective (G. G. Mittelbach).
12. Feeding Ecology of Piscivorous Fishes (F. Juanes, J. A. Buckel and F. S. Scharf).
13. Fish as Prey (J. Krause, E. M. A. Hensor and G. D. Ruxton).
14. Trophic Ecology and the Structure of Marine Food Webs (N. V.C. Polunin and J.K. Pinnegar).
15. Community Ecology of Freshwater Fishes (L. Persson).
16. Comparative Ecology of Marine Fish Communities (K. Martha M. Jones, D. G. Fitzgerald and P. F. Sale).
17. Interactions Between Fish, Parasites and Disease (I. Barber and R. Poulin)