Handbook of Racial-Cultural Psychology and Counseling, Volume Two, Training and Practice
DescriptionThis two-volume handbook offers a thorough treatment of the concepts and theoretical developments concerning how to apply cultural knowledge in theory and practice to various racial and cultural groups.
Volume Two focuses on practice and training, and addresses such topics as:
- group therapy
- occupational therapy
- couples and family therapy
- continuing education
This item: Handbook of Racial-Cultural Psychology and Counseling, Volume Two, Training and Practice
1. Racial-Cultural Competence: Awareness, Knowledge, and Skills (D. Sue).
2. Emerging Approaches to Training Psychologist to Be Culturally Competent (J. Ponterotto & R. Austin).
3. Teaching Racial-Cultural Counseling Competence: A Racially Inclusive Model (R. Carter).
4. Multicultural Learning in Family Therapy Education (C. Alderfer).
5. The Ecology of Life Spaces: Racial Identity-Based Education and Training (V. Wang).
6. A Practical Coping Skills Approach for Racial-Cultural Skills Acquisition (B. Wallace).
7. Issues of Language Diversity: Training Culturally Competent and Confident Therapists (M. Faubert & D. Locke).
8. Racial-Cultural Training for Group Counseling and Psychotherapy (M. McRae & E. Short).
9. The Working Alliance, Therapy Ruptures and Impasses, and Counseling Competence: Implications for Counselor Training and Education (W. Liu & D. Pope-Davis).
10. Racial-Cultural Training for Supervisors: Goals, Foci, and Strategies (E. Chen).
11. Applications of Racial-Cultural Supervision (A. Reynolds).
12. Postdoctoral Training in Racial-Cultural Counseling Competence (C. Ridley & D. Mollen).
PART II: CRITICAL ISSUES IN RACIAL-CULTURAL PRACTICE.
13. Psychological Theory and Culture: Practice Implications (C. Thompson).
14. Integrating Theory and Practice: A Racial-Cultural Counseling Model (A. Alvarez & R. Piper).
15. The Use of Race and Ethnicity in Psychological Practice: A Review (K. Cokley).
16. The Impact of cultural Variables on Vocational Psychology: Examination of the Found and Bingham Culturally Appropriate Career Counseling Model (K. Ihle-Helledy, et al.).
17. Diagnosis in racial-Cultural Practice (T. Buckley & D. Franklin-Jackson).
18. Assessment Practices in Racial-Cultural Psychology (L. Suzuki, et al.).
19. Racial-Cultural Issue sin Clinical Assessment (C. Branch).
20. Racial-Cultural Practice: An Integrative Approach to White Racial Identity Assessment (T. Richardson & E. Frey).
21. Skills and Methods for Group Work with Racially and Ethnically Diverse Clients (D. Hurdle).
22. Family Counseling and Psychotherapy in Racial-Cultural Psychology: Case Applications (A. Thomas).
23. Couples Counseling and Psychotherapy in Racial-Cultural Psychology: Case Application (D. Miehls).
24. Immigration and Transition: Implications of Racial-Cultural Counseling and Clinical Practice (P. Arredondo).
25. A Psychohistorical Analysis of the African American Bicultural Experience (S. Utsey, et al.).
26. White Racism and Mental Health: Treating the Individual Racist (J. Dobbins & J. Skillings).
27. Racial Discrimination and Race-Based Traumatic Stress: An Exploratory Investigation (R. Carter, et al.).
28. Enhancing Therapeutic Interventions with People of Color: Integrating Outreach, Advocacy and Prevention (E. Vera, et al.).
29. Developing a Frame Work for Culturally Competent Systems of Care (A. Evans, et al.).
30. An Racial Code for Racial-Cultural Practice: Filling Gaps and Confronting Contradictions in Existing Ethical Guidelines (L. Cladwell & D. Tarver).
31. Racial-Cultural Training and Practice Moving form Rhetoric to reality: Summary and Conclusion (R. Carter, et al.).