Foreword (Robert Singer).
Reviewers. PART I. MOTIVATIONAL, EMOTION, AND PSYCHOPYSIOLOGY.
1. Understanding the Dynamic of Motivation in Sport and Physical Activity: An Achievement Goal Interpretation (Glyn C. Roberts, Darren C. Treasure and David E. Conroy).
2. Emotions in Sport: Current Issues and Perspectives (Yuri L. Hanin).
3. Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation in Sport and Physical Activity: A Review and a Look at the Future (Robert J. Vallerand).
4. The Psychology of Superior Sport Performance: A Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience perspective (Bradley D. Hatfield and Scott E. Kerick). PART II. SOCIAL PERSPECTIVES.
5. Leadership in Sports (Packianathan Chelladurai).
6. Who cares What Other People Thing? Self-Presentation in Exercise and Sport (Kathleen A. Martin Ginis, Magnus Lindwall and Harry Prapavessis). PART III. SPORT EXPERTISE.
7. Methodological Review and Evaluation of Research in Expert performance in Sport (Nicola J. Hodges, Raoul Huys and Janet L. Starkes).
8. Practice and Play in the Development of Sport Expertise (Jean CÃ´lÃ©, Joseph Baker and Bruce Abernethy).
9. Anticipation and Decision Making: Exploring New Horizons (A. Mark Williams and Paul Ward).
10. Degenerate Brains, Indeterminate Behavior, and Representative Tasks: Implications for Experimental Design in Sport Psychology Research (Keith Davids, Duarte
AraÃºjo, Chris Button and Ian Renshaw).
11. Attentional Processes in Skill Learning and Expert Performance (Bruce Abernethy, Jonathan P. Maxwell, Richard S. W. Masters, Jon van der Kamp and Robin C. Jackson).
12. A Social-Cognitive Perspective on Team Functioning in Sport (David W. Eccles and Gershon Tenebaum). PART IV. INTERVENTIONS AND PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENT.
13. Mental Skills Training in Sport (Robin S. Vealey).
14. Sport Psychology: A Clinicianâs Perspective (Robert D. Stainback, James C. Moncier and Robert E. Taylor).
15. Action-Theory Approach to Applied Sport Psychology (Thomas Schack and Dieter Hackfort).
16. Eating Disorders in Sport: From Theory to Research to Intervention (Trent A. Petrie and Christy A. Greenleaf).
17. Psychosocial Antecedents of Sports Injury and Interventions for Risk Reduction (jean M. Williams and Mark B. Andersen).
18. Psychology of Sport Injury Rehabilitation (Britton W. Brewer).
19. Why Do Athletes Choke under Pressure (Sian
L. Beilock and Rob Gray)?
20. Preparatory Routines in Self-Paced Events: Do They Benefit the Skilled Athletes? Can They Help the Beginners (Ronnie Lidor)? PART V. EXERCISE AND HEALTH PSYCHOLOGY.
21. Physical Activity and Mental Health (Daniel M. Landers and Shawn M. Arent).
22. Physical Activity and Three Dimensions of Psychological Functioning in Advanced Age: Cognition, Affect, and Self- Perception (Yael Netz).
23. Exercise Adherence (Janet Buckworth and Rodney K. Dishman).
24. Theoretical Frameworks in Exercise Psychology (Stuart J. H. Biddle, Martin S. Hagger, Nikos L. D. Chatzisarantis and Sonia Lippke).
25. A Social-Cognitive Perspective of Perceived and Sustained Effort (Gershon Tenebaum and Jasmin C. Hutchinson).
26. Exercise and Psychosocial Issues for Cancer Survivors (Kerry S. Courneya, Clare Stevinson and Jeffrey K. H. Vallance).
27. Physical Acitivity and Quality of Life: Key Considerations (Bonnie G. Berger and David A. Tobar).
28. Athlete Burnout (Robert C. Eklund and Scott L. Cresswell). PART IV. LIFE SPAN DEVELOPMENT.
29. A Life Span Developmental Approach to Studying Sport and Exercise Behavior (Diane E. Whaley).
30. Advances in Sport Mortality Research (David Light Shields and Brenda Light Bredemeier).
31. Family Influences on Childrenâs Sport and Physical Activity Participation, Behavior, and Psychosocial Responses (Thelma S. Horn and Jocelyn L. Horn).
32. Career Transitions and Career Termination (Dorothee Alfermann and Natalia Stambulova). PART VII. MEASUREMENT AND METHODOLOGICAL ISSUES.
33. New Perspectives on Measurement and Testing in Sport Psychology (Brend Strauss, Dirk BÃ¼sch and Gershon Tenebaum).
34. measurement in Sport and Exercise Psychology: A New Outlook on Selected Issues of Reliability and Validity (Gershon Tenenbaum, Akihito Kamata and Kentaro Hayashi).
35. Application of Confirmatory Factor Analysis and Structural Equation Modeling in Sport and Exercise Psychology (Herbert W. Marsh).
36. From Self-Efficacy to Collective Efficacy in Sport: Transitional Methodological Issues (Nicholas D. Myers and Deborah L. Feltz). PART VIII. SPECIAL TOPICS.
37. Gender and Cultural Diversity (Diane L. Gill).
38. Athletes with Disabilities (Stephanie J. Hanrahan).
39. Alcohol and Drug Use among Athletes: Prevalence, Etiology, and Interventions (Mathew P. Martens, Kristen Dans-OâConnor and Jason R. Kilmer).
Afterword (Robert C. Eklund and Gershon Tenebaum).