DescriptionHere is your starting point and complete guide to polyvinyl chloride (PVC) formulation. It covers the basics of vinyl formulation, starting formulations for compounds, and the latest compounding ingredients. Since publication of the acclaimed first edition, a standard reference used by vinyl technologists around the world, there have been many new developments in vinyl formulation as well as new discoveries and insights into the underlying mechanisms. It's all covered here in the second edition, in one highly readable, expertly organized volume.
Preface to the First Edition.
1. Formulation Development (Edward J. Wickson and Richard F. Grossman).
2. Resin Selection for PVC Applications (Paul Kroushl).
3. PVC Special Products (J. R. Goots, Michael P. Moore, Kenneth B. Szoc, Richard J. Burns, and James H. Bly).
4. Antidegradants (George W. Thacker, Richard F. Grossman, and John T. Lutz, Jr).
5. Colorants for Vinyl (William R. Mathew and Richard F. Grossman).
6. Fillers and Reinforcements for PVC (Sara Robinson, Thomas H. Ferrigno, and Richard F. Grossman).
7. Monomeric Plasticizers (Allen D. Godwin and Leonard G. Krauskopf).
8. Specialty Plasticizers (William D. Arendt and Makarand Joshi).
9. Formulating Vinyl for Flame Resistance (Paul Y. Moy).
10. Impact Modification (Mark T. Berard and C. Michael Vanek).
11. Processing Aids for PVC (C. Michael Vanek and Mark T. Berard).
12. Lubricants and Related Additives (Richard F. Grossman).
13. Plastisol Technology (Ashok Shah, B. Mikofalvy, L. Horvath, and Richard F. Grossman).
14. Formulating Expanded Products (Jeremy H. Exelby, R. R. Puri, David M. Henshaw, and Richard F. Grossman).
15. Alloys and Blends (Michael K. Stockdale, Robert S. Brookman, and Richard F. Grossman).
16. Flame Retardants and Smoke Suppressants (John C. Morley and Richard F. Grossman).
17. Vinyl Wood Fiber Composites (Laurent M. Matuana and Richard F. Grossman).
18. Laboratory Methods (M. Fred Marx, Marvin Whitley, Pierre Verrier, and Richard F. Grossman).
19. Regulatory and Legislative Matters Affecting the Plastics Industry: Health, Safety, and the Environment (Lewis B. Weisfeld).
20. Formulating Flexible PVC for Molding and Coating (Richard F. Grossman).
21. Formulating Rigid PVC for Extrusion (George A. Thacker).
22. Design of Experiments (R. J. Del Vecchio).