1. Women as Subjects, Actors, and Agents in the History of Psychology (R. Unger).
2. Theoretical Perspectives on Women and Gender (S. Wilkinson).
3. Choices and Consequences: Methodological Issues in the Study of Gender (V. Rabinowitz and D. Martin).
4. Women, Psychology, and Evolution (P. Gowaty).
5. Gender Similarities and Differences as Feminist Contradictions (M. Kimball).
6. Framing Gendered Identities (K. Deaux and A. Stewart).
PART II: DEVELOPMENTAL ISSUES.
7. Biological Influences on Psychosexual Differentiation (K. Zucker).
8. From Infancy through Middle Childhood: The Role of Cognitive and Social Factors in Becoming Gendered (K. Powlishta, et al.).
9. Adolescent Girls' Voices: Resonating Resistance in Body and Soul (D. Tolman and L. Brown).
10. Current Perspectives on Women's Adult Roles: Work, Family, and Life (L. Gilbert and J. Rader).
11. Motherhood and Mothering (A. Woollett and H. Marshall).
12. Older Adult Women: Issues, Resources, and Challenges (S. Canetto).
PART III: SOCIAL ROLES AND SOCIAL SYSTEMS.
13. The Psychology of Men and Masculinity: Research Status and Future Directions (G. Good and N. Sherrod).
14. Changing Times, Changing Gender Roles: Who Do We Want Women and Men to Be? (M. Kite).
15. Gender and Language (M. Crawford).
16. Gender and Social Interaction (M. LaFrance).
17. Gender and Relationships (K. Dion and K. Dion).
18. Sexualities (C. Kitzinger).
PART IV: GENDER AND PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH.
19. Gendered Bodies and Physical Health (J. Chrisler).
20. Disorderly Constructs: Feminist Frameworks for Clinical Psychology (J. Marecek).
21. Therapy with Women: Feminist Frameworks (J. Worell and D. Johnson).
22. Sociocultural Issues in Counseling for Women of Color (K. Wyche).
PART V: INSTITUTIONS, GENDER, AND POWER.
23. A Developmental Examination of Violence against Girls and Women (J. White, et al.).
24. Power and Gender: The Double-Edged Sword of Ambivalence (S. Goodwin and S. Fiske).
25. Sexual Harassment (B. Gutek and R. Done).
26. Women, Gender, and the Law: Toward a Feminist Rethinking of Responsibility (M. Fine and S. Carney).
27. Changing Society, Changing Women (and Men) (E. Cole, et al.).
- Author is known as a founder of women/feminist psychology and is co-author of the #1 undergraduate text on the psychology of women and gender.
- Coverage includes the developmental, biological, social, and intrapersonal aspects of women and gender.
- The handbook includes contributions from international scholars and offers a cross-cultural perspective.