Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: Happiness: Unlocking the Mysteries of Psychological Wealth
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
Part 1: Understanding true wealth.
1. Psychological Wealth: The Balanced Portfolio.
2. Two Principles of Psychological Wealth.
Part 2: Happy people function better.
3. Health and Happiness.
4. Happiness and Social Relationships: – You Can’t Do Without Them.
5. Happiness at Work: It Pays to be Happy.
Part 3: Causes of happiness and genuine wealth.
6. Can Money Buy Happiness?
7. Religion, Spirituality, and Happiness.
8. The Happiest Places on Earth: Culture and Well-being.
9. Nature and Nurture—Is There a Happiness Set-Point, and Can You Change It?
10. Our Crystal Balls: Happiness Forecasting.
11. Taking AIM: Attention, Interpretation, and Memory.
Part 4: Putting it all together.
12. Yes, You Can Be Too Happy.
13. Living Happily Ever After.
14. Measuring Your Psychological Wealth.
Epilogue: About the Science of Happiness.
“Happiness is a process, not a place. That's one of the key concepts that leaps from Happiness: Unlocking The Mysteries Of Psychological Wealth by Ed Diener and Robert Biswas- Diener.” (Diana's Blog: Quirky Words and Book)
“Happiness challenges the present thinking af the causes and consequences of happiness and redefines our modern notions of happiness. It shares the results of three decades of research on happiness, and covers the most important advances in our understanding of happiness. It also offers readers access to the world's leading experts on happiness, and provides 'real world' examples that will resonate with general readers as well as scholars.” (Family Therapy)
“In their sweeping new book Diener and his son, Robert Biswas-Diener, distill the results of worldwide research into happiness and come up with an explanation, a recipe, for a sustained state of good feeling, psychological wealth, as they call it.” (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, November 2008)
“The authors write in a that is clear and accessible to a general audience; furthermore, they frequently infuse humor into their work. I certainly respect Diener and Biswas-Diener as well as admire the amount effort they have each put into their life's work.” (Metapsychology, November 2008)
"Pioneering researchers Professor Ed and his son Robert Biswas-Diener explain ... why most things we've been told are wrong." (Psychologies, November 2008)
“Ed Diener [says], 'Happiness is not a set of desirable life circumstances. It's a way of traveling.' Diener's new book, written with his son, Robert Biswas-Diener, a life coach, offers guidance for those interested in taking a road trip. As the Dieners synthesize the latest research … they challenge the conventional party line on well-being.” (O Magazine)
"Among the recent glut of books about happiness, this one shines out. Highly readable and entertaining, its authors are perhaps the pre-eminent researchers on the subject … The advice on how to gain an appropriate level of happiness is way ahead of that offered by most self-help books." (New Scientist)
“If you’re looking for one thoughtful, comprehensive book to help you understand the science of happiness better, this is exactly what you’re looking for. It’s also a good read, accessible, concise, and even funny, which isn’t true of all such books, and there’s a lot of information I hadn’t seen elsewhere.” (Happiness Project)
"This book is absolutely a delight to read. [The authors] have made the science very accessible and practical. You will love the stories they weave into the text. The Dieners take us along on their adventures around the world. We tag along as they unlock the mysteries of happiness. As you read the book you come to understand why Diener is known as the ‘Jedi Master of Happiness’ and why Biswas-Diener has been called the ‘Indiana Jones of Psychology.’ Get the book, settle into a comfortable chair, buckle your seatbelt, and enjoy the ride." (Positive Psychology News Daily)
- shares the results of three decades of research on our notions of happiness
- covers the most important advances in our understanding of happiness
- offers readers unparalleled access to the world's leading experts on happiness
- provides "real world" examples that will resonate with general readers as well as scholars