1. Overview: Celia Oakley (Hammersmith Hospital).
2. Physiological changes in pregnancy: Candice K Silversides (University of Toronto) and Jack M Colman (Mount Sinai Hospital and Toronto General Hospital/UHN).
3. Cardiovascular examination in pregnancy and the approach to diagnosis of cardiac disorder: Petros Nihoyannopoulos (Hammersmith Hospital).
4. Acyanotic congenital heart disease: Heidi M Connolly (Mayo Clinic College of Medicine) and Celia Oakley (Hammersmith Hospital).
5. Cyanotic congenital heart disease: Carole A Warnes (Mayo Clinic).
6. Pregnancy and pulmonary hypertension: Joseph G Parambil (Cleveland Clinic) and Michael D McGoon (Mayo Clinic College of Medicine).
7. Rheumatic heart disease: Bernard Iung (Bichat Hospital).
8. Mitral valve prolapse: Bernard Iung (Bichat Hospital).
9. Artificial heart valves: James R Trimm (Keck School of Medicine at University of Southern California), Lynne Hung (Keck School of Medicine at University of Southern California) and Shahbudin H Rahimtoola (Keck School of Medicine at University of Southern California).
10. Management of pregnancy in Marfan syndrome, Ehlers–Danlos syndrome and other heritable connective tissue disorders: Lilian J Meijboom (Onze Lieve Vrouwe Ziekenhus) and Barbara JM Mulder (Academic Medical Center Amsterdam).
11. Heart disease, pregnancy and systemic autoimmune diseases: Guillermo Ruiz-Irastorza (University of the Basque Country), Munther A Khamashta (St Thomas’ Hospital) and Graham RV Hughes (Imperial College School of Medicine).
12. Pulmonary disease and cor pulmonale: Claire L Shovlin (Hammersmith Hospital), Anita K Simonds (Royal Brompton Hospital) and JMB Hughes (Imperial College School of Medicine).
13. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and pregnancy: Jorge R Alegria (Mayo Graduate School of Medicine) and Rick A Nishimura (Mayo Clinic College of Medicine).
14. Peripartum cardiomyopathy, other heart muscle disorders and pericardial diseases: Celia Oakley (Hammersmith Hospital).
15. Coronary artery disease: Celia Oakley (Hammersmith Hospital).
16. Heart rhythm disorders: David Lefroy (Hammersmith Hospital) and Dawn Adamson (Hammersmith Hospital).
17. Pulmonary embolism: Celia Oakley (Hammersmith Hospital).
18. Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy: Alexander Heazell (University of Manchester) and Philip N Baker (University of Manchester).
19. Management of labour and delivery in the high-risk patient: Kirk D Ramin (University.
20. Anesthesia and the pregnant cardiac patient: Gurinder Vasdev (Mayo Clinic College of Medicine).
21. Cardiac percutaneous intervention and surgery during pregnancy: Patrizia Presbitero (Ospedale Humanitas), Giacomo Boccuzzi (Ospedale Humanitas) and Felice Bruno (Texas Technical University).
22. Genetic counselling: Michael A Patton.
23. Contraception for the cardiac patient: Philip J Steer (Chelsea and Westminster Hospital).
“This second edition is an excellent review of the modern management of heart disease in pregnant patients, written by specialists from multiple disciplines.”
Doody’s Review Service
“Concise portable text that incorporates the views and practices of international experts to aid the reader ….The highly readable text has a logical framework.”
“Well written and easy to read … .The editors and authors should be congratulated for producing an excellent book that should be extremely helpful.” New England Journal of Medicine
- Professor Oakley and Dr Warnes offer valuable and practical advice in a challenging area of cardiological management
- An internationally renowned team of contributors create the must-have book for cardiologists and obstetricians managing heart disease in pregnancy