Henry George: Political Ideologue, Social Philosopher and Economic Theorist
1. Ideology and Political Parties.
Henry George's Political Critics (Michael Hudson).
2. George's Ideas in Debate.
Henry George, Emile de Laveleye, and the Issue of Peasant Proprietorship (Jerome F. Heavey).
Frank H. Knight's Criticism of Henry George (Ross B. Emmett).
3. Social Philosophy.
Apprehending the Social Philosophy of Henry George (Charles R. McCann, Jr.).
4. Conceptual Debates Regarding Land and Rent.
The Marginalists Who Confronted Land (Fred E. Foldvary).
Keeping Land in Capital Theory (Ricardo, Faustmann, Wicksell, and George: Mason Gaffney).
Comment (Mark Perlman).
- Contains important papers by various notable Georgist scholars
- Highlights the ideas and influence of Henry George
- Includes path-breaking work on Henry George’s rent theory
- Features in the Studies in Economic Reform and Social Justice series