DescriptionThis book presents two recently developed knowledge areas that can significantly improve the management and the performance of business enterprise: System Science and Cybernetics and Key Performance Areas. Included in this book are advanced (and evolving) methods and technologies for planning and budgeting, creating and keeping customers, quality and productivity, innovation, improving organization capability, sustainability in the company's social and ecological environments, and profitability-all integrated with this new viable systems model and system thinking.
Contributors for Chapter 3.
1. From System Science—A New Way to Structure and Manage the Company.
2. The Viable System Model (VSM).
3. How the Viable System Model Improves Performance — Reports on Five Applications.
4. Key Performance Areas That Determine Company Success.
5. The Viable System Model and Planning and Budgeting.
6. The Viable System Model and Creating and Keeping Customers.
7. The Viable System Model and Quality and Productivity.
8. The Viable System Model and Innovation.
9. The Viable System Model and Organization Capability.
10. The Viable System Model and Public and Environmental Responsibility.
11. The Viable System Model and Profitability.