2. The Way We Were: An Historical Look at Hollywood and Technology.
3. Film Production: In the Information Age.
4. The Big Boys: The Hollywood Majors.
5. The Wired Nation and the Electronic Super Highway: Cable Television, Pay Cable, Pay-Per-View and Beyond.
6. Talkin' 'Bout a Revolution: Home Video.
7. The Silver Screen: Theatrical Exhibition in the Information Age.
8. Hollywood Meets Madison Ave: The Commercialization of U. S. Films.
9. Around the World in Nanoseconds: International Markets for Filmed Entertainment.
10. Hooray for Hollywood: Moving into the 21st Century.
'Looking for a rudder to steer through the shifting currents of moviedom in the information age? Wasko's ... treatise may be just the thing.' Box Office
'Wasko provides a full analysis of the major ways the Hollywood movie business is maintaining its monopoly on film making. This is an important look at the lucrative business of big movie making. Recommended.' The Reader's Review
* The author considers Hollywood in its entirety - home videos, cable tv and other communication technologies. She examines the impact of such technologies in areas such as distribution, production, exhibition, marketing and merchandising.
* Full of data and examples, this book will appeal to anyone interested in the current state of the film industry.