DescriptionHorticultural Reviews presents state-of-the-art reviews on topics in the horticultural sciences. The emphasis is on applied topics including the production of fruits, vegetables, nut crops, and ornamental plants of commercial importance. Published in two volumes, twice each year, these articles perform the valuable function of collecting, comparing, and contrasting the primary journal literature in order to form an overview of the topic. This detailed analysis bridges the gap between the specialized researcher and the broader community of horticultural scientists.
Dedication: Ian J. Warrington (David C. Ferree).
1. Particle Films: A New Technology for Agriculture (D. Michael Glenn and Gary J. Puterka).
II. Particle Film Technology for Arthropod Pest Control.
III. Physiological and Horticultural Uses of Particle Films.
IV. Disease Control with Mineral and Particle Film Materials.
V. Future Uses of Particle Film Technology in Agriculture.
2. The Foliage Plant Industry (Jianjun Chen, Dennis B. McConnell, Richard J. Henny, and David J. Norman).
II. Production Conditions and Environments.
III. Foliage Plant Propagation.
IV. Foliage Plant Production.
VI. The Future.
3. Fruit Drop in Mango (Zora Singh, Aman Ullah Malik, and Thomas L. Davenport).
II. Intensity and Patterns of Fruit Drop.
III. Biotic and Abiotic Factors Influencing Fruit Drop.
IV. Endogenous Factors Affecting Fruit Drop.
V. Management Practices Affecting Fruit Drop.
4. The Physiology of Adaptation and Yield Expression in Olive (D. J. Connor and E. Fereres).
II. Growth and Development.
III. Water Relations.
IV. Mineral Nutrition.
V. Carbon Accumulation.
VI. Biomass Partitioning and Realization of Yield.
VII. Stress Physiology.
VIII. Integration of Responses.
IX. Recommendations for Future Research.
5. Crop Load Interactions in Apple (Jens N. Wünsche and Ian B. Ferguson).
III. Factors Determining Crop Load.
IV. Factors Affected by Crop Load.
V. Physiological and Biochemical Response.
VI. Concluding Remarks.
6. Chestnut: Botany, Horticulture, and Utilization (Giancarlo Bounous and Daniela Torello Marinoni).
IV. Nut Utilization.
V. The Future of the Chestnut Industry.
7. The North American Pawpaw: Botany and Horticulture (Kirk W. Pomper and Desmond R. Layne).
V. Future Prospects.
Cumulative Subject Index.
Cumulative Contributor Index.