The latest information and tips on making housetraining easier for your pet and yourself
Did you know that what you feed your dog can effect help or hinder the housetraining process? That's just one of the valuable tips you'll find in Housetraining For Dummies 2nd Edition, the authoritative housetraining reference for new and veteran pet owners alike.
This new edition features plenty of new and revised material on everything from the latest housetraining equipment to the latest information on diet and nutrition and the crucial role it plays in housetraining. You'll also find useful tips and techniques for creating environmentally safe cleaners from natural products found in the home and alternatives you can use if you have a sensitive pet.
- Features the latest findings on how pet nutrition can influence housetraining success
- Offers proven housetraining strategies
- Introduces new methods for housetraining multiple pets at once
- Reviews new housetraining equipment and products
- Shows you how to make environmentally safe stain and odor removers from products already in your home
- Susan McCullough is a columnist for Dog Fancy magazine and the author of several books including Beagles For Dummies and the award-winning Senior Dogs For Dummies
Housetraining can be a difficult and stressful process for both you and your puppy, adult, or senior dog. Housetraining For Dummies 2nd Edition is the resource you need to make it faster and easier for both of you.
Part I: Preparing to Potty Train Your Pooch.
Chapter 1: No, Virginia, It’s Not That Hard: Understanding Housetraining Basics.
Chapter 2: Training the Housetrainer: Taking the Right Approach.
Chapter 3: Getting Your Home in Housetraining Order.
Chapter 4: Feeding Fido: What Goes In Must Come Out.
Part II: Putting a Plan in Place.
Chapter 5: Training to Love the Crate.
Chapter 6: Heading to the Outside: Outdoor Housetraining.
Chapter 7: Making Some Inside Moves: Indoor Housetraining.
Chapter 8: Fine-Tuning Housetraining.
Part III: Solving Housetraining Problems.
Chapter 9: Accident-Proofing Small Dogs and Other Problem Potty-ers.
Chapter 10: Understanding How an Oh-No Can Become a Problem-o.
Chapter 11: Sorting Out Humans’ Housetraining Challenges.
Part IV: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 12: Ten Housetraining Mistakes You Don’t Have to Make.
Chapter 13: Ten Reasons Housetrained Dogs Live in Happier Households.
Appendix: Other Helpful Pit Stops for Housetrainers.