1. An Overview of the Circulatory System.
2. The Heart.
3. The Arteries.
4. The Capillaries.
5. The Veins.
6. The Blood.
7. Special Circulation.
8. Coupling Heart and Vessels.
10. Exercise: The Final Kick.
Look for this other bestseller in the "How it Works" Series
How the Immune System Works by Lauren Sompayrac, PhD
"Most of us prefer novels over textbooks for the ease of reading and the joy of great storytelling. Dr. Sompayrac combines both traits in this innovative new book on immunology in which he teaches the state of the art by making key concepts easy and fun to understand." – Professor of Medicine, Microbiology and Immunology University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
* Conversational style, organized into lectures allowing readers to easily grasp topic
* Traces activities of the circulatory system to basic biologic mechanisms
* Covers recent advances in atherosclerosis, congestive heart failure, cell signaling schemes, and blood clotting
* A quick course in the structure, function and dysfunction of the circulatory system
* 2-color schematic drawings, conveying broad concepts in a quick and visual way