List of Tables.
List of Plates.
List of Figures.
2. Atmospheric Circulation Systems and Weather Disturbances.
3. Climatic Characteristics.
4. Humid Tropical Soils.
5. Humid Tropical Vegetation.
8. Environmental Resources and Hazards in the Humid Tropics.
9. Environmental Issues Facing the Humid Tropics.
"Three geographers have come together to produce a well-integrated text on the major features of the environment in the humid tropics, with emphasis on their interrelationships and the importance of the human dimension... This book merits wide readership and provides and excellent text for many university courses." B. A. Whitton, International Journal of Environment Studies
- The most complete textbook on this key subject.
- Fully illustrated throughout with photographs and diagrams.
- Informative case studies and examples.
- Considers the physical environment as a whole and stresses the link between the elements.