1. Normal glucose metabolism and responses to hypoglycaemia(Ian A Macdonald and Paromita King).
2. Symptoms of hypoglycaemia and effects on mental performance and emotions (Ian J Deary).
3. Frequency, causes and risk factors for hypoglycaemia in type 1 diabetes (Mark W J Strachan).
4. Nocturnal hypoglycaemia (Simon Heller).
5. Moderators, monitoring and management of hypoglycaemia (Tristan Richardson and David Kerr).
6. Counterregulatory deficiencies in diabetes (David Kerr).
7. Impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia (Brian M Frier).
8. Risks of strict glycaemic control (Stephanie A Amiel).
9. Hypoglycaemia in children with diabetes (Krystyna A Matyka).
10. Hypoglycaemia and pregnancy (Ann E Gold and Donald W M Pearson).
11. Hypoglycaemia in type 2 diabetes and the elderly (Nicola N Zammitt and Brian M Frier).
12. Mortality, cardiovascular morbidity and possible effects of hypoglycaemia on diabetic complications (Simon Heller and B Miles Fisher).
13. Long-term effects of hypoglycaemia on cognitive function and the brain in diabetes (Petros Perros and Ian J Deary).
14. Living with hypoglycaemia (Brian M Frier).
The legend for Figure 13.3 on page 292 should now read: "EEG from a 13-year old diabetic patient showing increased amount of slow activity at plasma glucose levels of 4.0, 2.9, and 2.1 mmol/l. Epileptiform spikes intermixed with rhythmic delta activity are also observed at 2.1 mmol/l, and some slow-wave theta activity remains in the post-hypoglycaemia recording".