List of Contributors.
Part One: People and Technology.
1. Predicting the Socio-technical Future (and Other Myths) (Ben Anderson and Paul Stoneman).
2. Social Networks, Social Computing and Knowledge Management (Nicholas J. Kings, John Davies, David Verrill, Sinan Aral, Erik Brynjolfsson and Marshall van Alstyne).
3. Device Futures (Jonathan Mitchener).
4. Online Trust and Customer Power: The Emergence of Customer Advocacy (Glen L. Urban).
Part Two: Building the Infrastructure.
5. The Semantic Web - From Vision to Reality (Paul Warren and John Davies).
6. Flexible ICT Infrastructure (Mike Fisher and Paul McKee).
7. Achieving Security in Enterprise IT (Theo Dimitrakos and Ivan Djordjevic).
8. The Future All Optical Network - Why We Need It and How We Get There (David Payne).
9. End-to-End Service Level Agreements for Complex ICT Solutions (John Wittgreffe, Mark Dames, Jon Clark and James McDonald).
10. Mobility and ICT (Richard Dennis and Dave Wisely).
11. Pervasive Computing (David Heatley, George Bilchev and Richard Tateson).
12. Artificial Intelligence Comes of Age (Simon Thompson).
Part Three: Applying Technology.
13. Healthcare (Chris Wroe, Paul Garner and Janette Bennett).
14. Supply Chain Management in the Retail Sector (Edgar E. Blanco and Chris Caplice).
15. Technology Innovation in Global Financial Markets (Lesley Gavin)
16. Technology and Law: The Not So Odd Couple (Marta Poblet, Pompeu Casanovas and Richard Benjamins).
Part Four: Final Words.
17. Over the Horizon (Ian Pearson).
18. Conclusions (Paul Warren, John Davies and David Brown).
""You get the wow factor when you read how the technology may be used in the near future."" (IT Now, November 2008)