Chapter 1. Diseases of the Gastrointestinal Tract and Liver (Sameeh M. Abutarbush, Contributors: Mary S. Delory, Montague N. Saulez, Ben Buchanan, Janice E. Sojka).
Chapter 2. Diseases of the Cardiovascular System. (JoAnn Slack, Contributors: Sameeh M. Abutarbush, Susan J. Ashburner, Janice E. Sojka).
Chapter 3. Diseases of the Respiratory System (Laurent L. Couëtil, Contributors: Sameeh M. Abutarbush, Montague N. Saulez, Ben Buchanan).
Chapter 4. Diseases of the Nervous System (Author: Sameeh M. Abutarbush, Contributors: Montague N. Saulez, Wendy Marlene Duckett).
Chapter 5. Diseases of the Integumentary System (Susan J. Ashburner, James L. Carmalt, Wendy Marlene Duckett, Contributors: Sameeh M. Abutarbush, Montague N. Saulez, Janice E. Sojka).
Chapter 6. Diseases of the Muscles (Sameeh M. Abutarbush, Contributor: Ben Buchanan).
Chapter 7. Diseases of the Bones, Joints, and Connective Tissues (Patricia L. Rose).
Chapter 8. Diseases of the Reproductive System (Rob Löfstedt)
Chapter 9. Diseases of the Endocrine System (Janice E. Sojka, Contributors: Sameeh M. Abutarbush, Ben Buchanan).
Chapter 10. Diseases of the Eye (Bruce Grahn).
Chapter 11. Diseases of the Urinary System (Sameeh M. Abutarbush, Contributor: Ben Buchanan).
Chapter 12. Diseases of the Neonates (Jane Elizabeth Axon, Contributors: Patricia L. Rose, Sameeh M. Abutarbush).
"The book is an excellent resource for client education." (Vet Med Today, 15 June 2010)
"This book will be of greatest value in a teaching environment in that it will help familiarize the student not only of diseases encountered in the equine environment but diagnostic modalities as well. Utilizing a global perspective, Dr. Abutarbush's book brings to life hundreds of equine diseases and conditions as well as modern diagnostic modalities utilized by equine practitioners; it will be highly valued by those new to practice as well as those in a student environment." (The Vin Book Reviews, 2010)
"I believe that the book is ideal for veterinary students and recent graduates...The book is an excellent resource for client education" (Vet Med Today, August 2010)
"Provides a clinical picture of various equine diseases along with a brief synopsis of each disease. It contains high-quality photographic images as well as illustrations, radiographic images, ultrasonographic images, histologic images, and results for other diagnostic modalities when applicable. It is not designed to be an inclusive reference text; rather, it is a clinical compilation of many recognized diseases and conditions of horses. The book is an excellent resource for client education." (JAVMA, June 2010)
- Covers hundreds of internationally recognized diseases and conditions of the horse
- Not only examines diseases from a clinical approach, but also covers diagnostic modalities where applicable, such as radiology, nuclear scintigraphy, CAT scan, cytology, histopathology, and postmortem findings
- Provides readers with a clinical picture of each disease or syndrome, including a brief synopsis, presenting signs, and diagnostic procedures
- Includes coverage on diseases of the respiratory, gastrointestinal, nervous, reproductive, ocular, musculoskeletal, urinary, integumentary, endocrine, and cardiovascular systems
- Serves as a beneficial clinical learning and illustrative tool for practitioners, students, academic veterinarians, equine technicians and nurses, breeders, and trainers