How drawing has changed over the decades.
How to get into the illustration mode: a series of drawing exercises.
How to analyse figure drawing for use in fashion illustration.
How to draw men, women and children: body proportion, head, hands and feet, racial characteristics.
Selection of relevant poses: men, women and children.
How to illustrate fabrics showing a variety of media and techniques, translated onto fashion figures.
Developing a personal style.
Type of illustrations and their use: how to draw good clear specification drawings (technical and working drawings) and drawings for specific areas, e.g. active sportswear, lingerie etc.
A gallery of contemporary styles of illustration.
- every fashion student must know how to execute competent and exciting illustrations
- student-friendly text - suitable both for self-teaching and studio work
- lavishly illustrated in full colour throughout
- unique in showing how to produce fashion illustrations not only for women, but also for men and children
- includes many new and novel features: drawing different racial types of heads; drawing hands and feet; producing clear specification drawings; illustrating for specialist areas such as active sportswear, etc