Improving Outcomes in Chronic Heart Failure: A practical guide to specialist nurse intervention, 2nd Edition
Section 1: Background.
1. Increased Health Care Utilisation and Costs: Heart Failure in the 21st Century.
2. State-of-the-art Treatment of Heart Failure.
3. Specialist Nurse Intervention in Chronic Heart Failure: The Evidence to Date.
Section 2: The Glasgow Experience.
4. Glasgow Heart Failure Liaison Service: A Model for Future Services.
5. Establishing National Heart Failure Service: Can We Afford Not To?.
Section 3: From Theory to Practice.
6. A Blueprint for Identifying and Managing Patients within Heart Failure Service.
7. Assessing the Patient with Heart Failure.
8. Optimising the Day to Day Management of Patients with Chronic Heart Failure.
9. Pharmacological Treatment for Chronic Heart Failure: A Specialist Nurse Perspective.
Section 4: The Future.
10. New Frontiers in Specialist Nurse Management of Heart Failure.
- Chapters revised to include new data and studies published since the first edition
- Protocols for managing patients updated to reflect the recommendations of Glasgow Heart Failure Liaison Service
- Emphasises practical implementation in the clinical setting