DescriptionIn this extraordinary book Col. Kolditz explains that his research on in extremis leadership, where followers perceive their lives to be threatened, reveals that the leadership lessons and principles in evidence in dangerous settings also apply to leading in business and everyday life. The book shows how leadership literally defines the promise of hope or future life and that extremely capable leaders are needed in all walks of life. The book describes a variety of high-risk situations that are ideal settings to seek and find great leaders, assess how they might be different, and to glean valuable insights for extraordinary leadership in our everyday lives. Through heart-stopping real-life stories of leaders in these extreme situations, Kolditz insists that leaders at all levels can improve their effectiveness.
1. Key Characteristics of In Extremis Leaders - and How They Are Relevant in All Organizations.
2. In Extremis Lessons for Business and Life: Strengthening Your Own Leadership by Example.
3. The In Extremis Leadership Model: What It Is, Why It Works, and How to Use It.
4. Learning About Fear and Leadership from Dangerous Settings: Handling Emotion During In Extremis Situations.
5. Leading When Tragedy Strikes: Learning to Cope with Loss.
6. Building Teams That Build Leaders: An In Extremis Case Study.
Resource: Physical Development for In Extremis Leaders.